Christian Funeck Memorial Scholarship
- Applicant must be a high school exchange student living in Brown County and outgoing or living elsewhere and coming to Brown County as an inbound student.
- Applicant must be at least 13 years of age.
- Recipient cannot be a Rotarian, an honorary Rotarian, an employee of Rotary nor a member of a Rotarian family, whether by birth or through marriage.
- Applicant must be attending a full education semester or session as defined by the educational institution.
Students who choose to apply for the “Christian Funeck Memorial Scholarship” shall submit the following:
- Complete the scholarship application (copy enclosed).
- Letter from parent or teacher in support of the applicant’s decision to be an exchange student.
- Letter of acceptance from the educational institution with session dates.
- Student essay in support of application describing why the student wishes to be an exchange student, how the grant will assist with this experience and how being an exchange student will further their personal and professional goals in life.
Amount will vary depending on the availability of funds with a maximum award of $500.00 (actual amount will be determined by the Brown County Community Foundation). The number of awards will not exceed two per year.
Rotary Club of Brown County may choose to seek matching grants funds to supplement the Award if such funds are available. Determination of whether matching funds will be sought is completely discretionary with the Rotary Club of Brown County.
Scholarship applications are due March 1 (for Fall Semester) or September 1 (for Spring Semester) of each year and should be submitted to;
- The Brown County Community Foundation
- c/o Christian Funeck Memorial Scholarship
- O. Box 191
- Nashville, Indiana 47448
Awards will be made through the Scholarship Committee of the Brown County Community Foundation which may include a member of the Rotary Club of Brown County. The sole basis of the Committee’s decision will be the content of the materials presented. The decision of the Scholarship Committee will be the final and will not be subject to appeal. Funds will be distributed by the Rotary Club of Brown County