The Brown County Community Foundation has the best interests of the community at heart. We are concerned with many different areas affecting the well being of people who live and work here. By supporting charitable organizations in broad areas of community need – education, social services, health care, arts and humanities, and environment – we help build a stronger, healthier Brown County.
In 2015 the BCCF Board of Trustees identified three community initiatives toward which they will focus organizational granting and where we feel we can have the most impact; childhood education, environment and health and wellness.
- Grants are made to nonprofit agencies that serve Brown County and its citizens.
- In general, grants shall be made for capital purposes only, not for operating expenses.
- Evidence of 501(c)(3) and/or 170(b)(1)(A) tax status must be submitted with all applications.
- Preference is generally given to requests that demonstrate the most urgent and immediate need for funding or satisfy an identifiable community need.
- Grants are ordinarily made for one year only.
- The Brown County Community Foundation rarely provides the entire support of a project.
- Grants are not generally available for those agencies and institutions that are funded primarily through tax support.
Grant applications are generally available in February. Applications are due in mid March, with decisions announced in late May, or June. For more information, contact the Brown County Community Foundation at 812-988-4882.
► February 21, 2018
► Howard F. Hughes Community Building
Lower Level of BCCF Office
► 6:00 pm
We invite all nonprofit organizations that serve Brown County residents to apply for a 2018 Grant from the Brown County Community Foundation (BCCF).
We encourage each organization to have a representative attend this GRANT WORKSHOP to learn about the changes in the BCCF Grant process.
This workshop will educate organizations on how to apply for a BCCF grant and changes to the process.
Attendees will be given application materials and have the opportunity to have their questions answered. Applications will be distributed at this educational Grant Workshop.