The Brown County Community Foundation has the best interests of the community at heart. We are concerned with many different areas affecting the well being of people who live and work here. By supporting charitable organizations in broad areas of community need – education, social services, health care, arts and humanities, and environment – we help build a stronger, healthier Brown County.
The BCCF Board of Trustees has identified five community initiatives toward which they will focus organizational granting and where we feel we can have the most impact; childhood education, environment, housing, health and wellness and arts and culture.
- Grants shall be made for specific requests under broad areas of interest. The current BCCF grant focus areas are defined as childhood education, environment, health and wellness and arts and culture. Preference will be given to grant requests that support BCCF Board of Trustees’ current identified community initiative focus area(s).
- The grants program shall focus on the identified changing needs and priorities of the Brown County community.
- In grant making, priority shall generally be given to projects/programs that address measurable outcomes/results rather than ongoing operating support.
- Grant making shall encourage projects or programs that are developed in collaboration with various organizations and groups, reduce duplication of services, and maximize resources.
- The grant making process shall require grant recipients to achieve specified objectives as delineated in their grants application. A Grant Accountability Report and required supplemental materials will be delivered by the grantee 30 days after completing the grant project/program. All reports must be turned in no later than May 1 in the year following the grant award.
- BCCF encourages grant applicants to seek supplemental sources of funding (e.g., government, other foundations and associations) by using matching, challenge and other funding techniques.
- Requests for amendments to grant proposals will be considered, when appropriate, by the Grants Committee.
Grant applications are generally available in February. Applications are due in mid March, with decisions announced in late June. For more information, contact the Brown County Community Foundation at 812-988-4882. We are currently exploring the impact the COVID-19 Pandemic will have on our distribution. Please call us with any questions as we continue to move forward with the process.